Generous support from members of the Excelsis community helps continue the 85-years combined publishing legacy that is ELQ/Exile: The Literary Quarterly and Exile Editions, and enables The Excelsis Group’s public engagements and events, all of which sustains a forum for smart, thoughtful, intelligent conversation on vital matters.
• Thanks to you, The Excelsis Group supports the publication of the literary and visual arts in ELQ magazine and books from Exile Editions.
• Thanks to you, The Excelsis Group presents works by leading writers of fiction, poetry, drama, and works in translation by authors like Leon Rooke, Brian Brett, Priscila Uppal, A.F. Moritz, Ray Robertson, Aude, Tom Wayman, Tara Beagan, along with many emerging talents.
• Thanks to you, The Excelsis Group offers the best non-fiction by Canada’s foremost writers and thinkers, including Joe Fiorito, Greg Hollingshead, Francesca Valente, J.A. Wainwright, Kenneth J. Harvey, Linda Rogers, Peter Goddard, as well as young up-and-coming voices.
• Thanks to you, The Excelsis Group provides a context where excellent visual arts by Canada’s innovative creators can be found, including Sara Angelucci, Rita Leistner, Pierre Gauvreau, Claire Wilks, Ljubodrag Andric, as well as those on the cusp of making their names in the fields of photography, illustration, painting, printmaking and more.
• Thanks to you, The Excelsis Group delivers stories about our culture – narratives about issues that inspire us, spark discussion, and educate Canadians from coast to coast to coast.
• Thanks to you, we are also able to introduce Canadians to international literary and visual talent, in the pages of ELQ – so very important to our appreciation that we are not an insular country, welcoming new and different ways of thinking.
• Thanks to you, stories are shared with new audiences and developed in different ways through curated events, digital projects, and innovative partnerships with corporations and non-profit organizations.
• Thanks to you, there is much to celebrate and much to look forward to in the literary and visual arts legacy that is, and yet to become, found in the pages of ELQ magazine and books by Exile Editions.
Your contribution makes a huge difference. Every dollar has an impact, and your gift demonstrates your commitment to Canadian arts and culture, and to the creative people who represent our multicultural and multiracial makeup. You make what we publish possible. And for that, all of us at The Excelsis Group are truly grateful.